Thursday, October 6, 2011

today


Today, I am consistent. I am not moved by tantrums, I am not drawn into negotiations. My expectations are clear. My yes is my yes. My no is my no. I am firm, matter-of-fact, even in tone. I don't beg or whine or complain. I cannot control what my children do, but I can state clearly what *I* am going to do. I am an immovable rock my kids can count on. They trust me because they know that discipline is what I do FOR them, not TO them. I am that consistency they need.

i would like to embrace this.
make this my parenting mantra.
commit to this for life.
embrace all that the comfort of consistency
can bring to my little family.
i loooooove my boy.
he is the biggest challenge of my life
{...his father runs a darn close second :)}
and i truly thank GOD for the trust he bestowed upon me
and the faith he has in me
to do the job of raising giles to be the best person he can be
i want his future wife to look at her parents and say
"i have found a Godly man."
that, to me, would be the greatest gift
and it is through the consistency that the words above convey
that he will feel the love that God wants us all to feel
consistent, unconditional love
through calm, consistent & dependable interactions with
a family that loves 
and our God who gave us the perfect example in his son.
Amen! Go! and be calm with your bad self! lol...

No comments: