Saturday, March 5, 2011

perspective...

sometimes... 
you...  
just got to...
change...
perspective...
tucker totally helped himself to the ladder on our back deck. he just needed to see things a little differently. a little different lighting, elevation... a little excitement added in the mix {um, hello? a cat CLIMBING a ladder from the bottom to the top... that was kind of exhilarating, i am sure...}
i hope you enjoyed that. it was one of those moments you want to freeze in time and get SOMEONE there with you to make sure you're not having some kind of strange reaction to medication or something- lol.... mike called me urgently... so, of course, i come out there only to have to quietly depart to immediately get the camera. he really was at the bottom when this all started.

anyway... i chose perspective because i needed to change mine a little. for years mike and i have been working together in some capacity. it's {o, just had a pang of doubt even as i write this!!!--- just being real!} always been something introduced to me... never the other way around. mike's the one who's got really great ideas. i just support and follow. well... it's a little different now. i found something and brought it to him. so i get a little different perspective. and i like it! i love that we have found something that suits me to a "t" but we can utilize all of his great ideas and knowledge. it is exciting, exhilarating, unsettling, a confidence boost, scary, awesome & surreal, all wrapped in one!  i have been praying A LOT. you {me} ask God, "please be with me, guide me, have mercy on me, throw a spotlight on what you want me to see"... and then when you think he is... well, it's allllll of those things i just listed in the previous sentence. God, are you talking TO ME? i wish there was a booming voice. but instead, i am going to go with my gut instinct--- it is God-given, afterall.... and thank God for showing me a way to answer some of my most fervent prayers of late.

when you connect with someone after life has just taken you in different directions, when you re-connect with  a friend who is struggling and needs a gift, when you meet new people who appreciate your efforts to help them in any way you possibly can... can it be anything but an answered prayer? i just don't think so...
i am just going to thank God and keep moving. if i have learned anything about God in my ongoing quest to understand my Savior better; he helps those who help themselves. i can't go into some dark corner and pray for an answer to my prayers and expect something to happen. i just can't. but, i can get up every day and put on my armour the world can make you glad you have and go. to. work. i hope, and pray, to inspire others to do the same. i want to makes sure that i set an example of faith, in action. i am not sure i always have. but i am sure that i hope i can. i want to remember that. and make God happy to answer my prayers. and those of people i love.

No comments: